Almelo, Nederland, is a municipality and a city in the eastern Netherlands. The main population centres in the town are Aadorp, Almelo, Mariaparochie, and Bornerbroek.
Almelo in the middle of the countryside of Twente, with the industrial centres of Enschede and Hengelo as close neighbours but also with tourist towns like Ootmarsum, Delden and Markelo only a bicycle ride away. Almelo received city rights in 1394. Within the city limits lies the castle of the Counts of Almelo.
Located in the city centre is Huize Almelo, a castle that in its current form dates back to 1662 (This castle is not open to the public). There are mosaics which decorate the walls of the tunnel close to the railway station.
At this page you would find hikes in this place.
- Almelo, Nederland at Wikipedia (english)
Pages in category "Almelo, Nederland"
The following 8 pages are in this category, out of 8 total.
Media in category "Almelo, Nederland"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- 10-10-2020 0853 - 4,2 km - Almelo, Nederland-image-523be2943b60b2057ee39a17c956922b.jpg 4,032 × 2,268; 4.74 MB
- 14-10-2020 1326 - 3,6 km - Almelo, Nederland-image-677c135498f92ae781fdb5956200c71d.jpg 4,032 × 2,268; 3.4 MB
- 17-10-2020 1347 - 6 km - Almelo, Nederland-image-1aa47544fb9994887d24f8382e6f8783.jpg 2,268 × 4,032; 3.62 MB
- 21-06-2020 1241 - 3,9 km - Almelo, Nederland-image-faed21585c06b8018b0d5064dcc3b4e4.jpg 1,200 × 1,600; 480 KB